Hello everyone. I know you just wanted an update, and I'm sorry this one is newer than that one, I just figured you'd like an update for sure, and this maybe, so I did this second, which actually means you read it first blah blah blah.
So that update was so hard to me because frankly, every picture of me reminds me how overweight I am. So, I'm going public! I need cheerleaders, supporters! I've tried lots of other techniques, and so far, well, you can see how well they've worked. So, as embarrassing as it is, I'm going to publish my weight everyday, and maybe my calorie intake too. My problem is that I do a really good job for like 4 days, and then a really bad job for 4 more. So I just pretty much stay the same. After Elijah was born, I managed to go from 217 lbs. to 155.5 lbs. by the time he was about 13 months old. Then I moved to West Virginia, which scared me so much that I ate and stopped exercising until I weighed 178.5, at which point I found out I was pregnant with Caleb. I did a mediocre job at controlling that weight gain, and delivered him at 206.5 (better than the 227 I weighed the day I delivered Elijah). And now here we are at 192.5.
Anyway, I want to do this publicly, so that maybe I can just stick to it longer. Long enough to really make new habits. I know lots of really skinny people who eat a dessert and a girls night out, but at the baby shower, they don't eat like 8 chocolate covered peanut butter rice crispy thingys, like me. I'm trying to avoid extremes like quitting sweets altogether, because my experience has showed me I am better at that than having SOME of something. And I can't do it forever, so when that end date comes, I binge big time.
So, my goal is this:
1.) Ultimately, I want to weigh 135 pounds. When I got home from my mission I randomly weighed myself once (it didn't used to be an obsession like it is now!) and I was at 138. Plus, for my height, a healthy weight range is 115 lbs. to 154 lbs., so 135 is pretty healthy, I think.
2.) Never have seconds of a dessert again. Maybe this seems extreme, but people, I have a problem I am going to have to monitor my whole life. It's like I've been an alcoholic. No matter how long I live, I am going to always have to watch this.
3.) Eat within the food guide pyramid. You see, regular food is certainly delicious, too! Especially when I'm "limiting" sweets, I eat a lot more regular food.
4.) Exercise daily. I love to run. It's hard to run when you're as heavy as me, but it makes me feel so good. I can't wait for the day that I'm not carrying 57.5 extra pounds on my runs!
August 2024
4 weeks ago





14 comments:
Loved the pictures of Kirtland!! You guys are just adorable!
Mary, I hope you know that you are a beautiful person inside and out and I just know you can reach your weight goals. I think it's exciting you're going public with it and I'm sure it will help. I will be happy to be one of your many "cheer-leaders". "Go Go Mary!!"
We miss you guys so much!!
Way to go Mary!! Woohoo!! I so know how you feel! I been there so recently I can feel exactly what you are going through. I'm still not at my goal weight, i've been stuck for a few months now, but I made a lot of progress and its worth the torture. :) I'm jealous that you enjoy running. I've always wanted to enjoy running, but it pretty much feels like torture to me...maybe someday! :)
Things that worked for me...lowering carb intake, allowing myself small cheats, otherwise I binge, taking fiber before every meal helps fill you up and reducing its impact to your sugar levels helping you lose weight (same as eating less carbs in the meal). I used the soluble fiber like benefiber and drank at least a full glass of water before every meal, helps you eat less too.
okay, that's a long comment, but if you need more help, i'm here for you!! I've got lots of advice that i'm not great at following but that I know helps. Good luck!
My first thought when your page popped up, was how beautiful you are, and not the dumb-pretty-look, the brilliant looking, stunning pretty...Anyway;
Now to the topic at hand- You are my hero. Not only do I know you can achieve your goals, I'm excited to see you in action. You've always been a great example.
Wahoo! Go Mary! LOVE the widgets, the calorie chart thing is wayyyy cool too!
See you on Gyminee!
I know how you feel about food, I love, love, love and love food. Jason tells me all the time I could look how I want if I just ate a little bit better!
My sister is my running partner & when we started she had about 60-70 lbs to lose, she's now down to 20 and she amazes me & often kicks my butt running. Keep it up and it will pay off! Rah! Rah! Rah! GOOOOOOO MARY!
Mary, I am so excited for you. I've been wanting to put my weight goals on my post but have been too chicken - but now I just may! I agree that it would help to be getting feedback (instead of having the only feedback you get be from the question "do I look smaller yet honey?") I love you, I'm here to chear you on! Mel
Brave woman you for posting your weight. I wish you all the best in your goals. Being the fabulous cook that you are with desserts must make it tempting to eat seconds. I am right there with you on that one.
And every week when you do singing time, I think what a beautiful person you are and what a great job you do with the kids. Please be kind to yourself about the way you look cos all we can see is beautiful!
Go, Mary, go!!!
I have to say that the weight range you wrote for your height is insane. Aren't you my height (5'6-5'7?) or do you just wear tall shoes? I could have sworn you're even taller than me. With that being the case, doctors would be ANGRY with you for weighing 115. I haven't read one of those charts for height and weight recently, but you'd fall over if the wind blew and you were 115. 135 isn't that far away from 115. So if the wind blew and you were standing on Cooper's Rock, you really could potentially blow away at your set target weight. That would leave me without a friend named Mary. So I vote for a readjustment based on your height and your weight trend prior to getting pregnant.
No matter what, you are BEAUTIFUL and Satan is the jerk who wants you to feel bad about yourself and unattractive. Listen to Phillip instead!
"Who's in the house,
I say, Mary's in the house,
and when Mary's in the house,
she drops that weight
all the way down!
All the way down! YEAH!"
(to be sung in a cheerleader voice)
Love- you're own personal cheerleader!
That's awesome Mary. You aren't the only one who really likes food. I think you look great now, but I'm sure you have the discipline to achieve anything you want.
My dearest Mary I love you tons! What a great example you are. Well if this helps you are welcome to do it. For my Community Health degree we did Behavior change contracts and so if you want to come to my house once a week we can make one for you and then you have to report to me either weekely or whatever you want:). I haven't done one in along time but would love to if you think it would help you reach your goal. Also I wanted to tell you that website with the colored FHE flannel board picts. It's http://chocolateonmycranium.blogspot.com/2007/11/flannel-board-stories.html
I am so proud of you. I have thought about doing this too, posting my weight loss goal and progress on my blog. It scares me though. Maybe once again you have inspired me to do something good.
You ARE beautiful, Mary! I'm absolutely a cheerleader for you-- and a potential exercise partner-- but know that no matter what, as long as you're healthy and radiating the Spirit like you're so good at doing, you are beautiful. Maybe we should do Girls' Night Out at the Farmers' Market . . . oh wait, that wouldn't be night time. That won't work.
Good Luck, Mary! I miss the walks we took together last winter.
way to go! I admire your dedication. I wish I loved to run! That is actually my post baby goal to start running despite how much I currently dislike it!
Post a Comment