Wednesday, June 11, 2008

HUGE NEWS!!!

Hello Everyone!! Sorry it's been so long without an update!! We are actually having our precious new baby boy this Friday at 7:30 am!!! We are having a c-section because he stayed breech. You see, our children get very big, and there is not very much room in there for him to wiggle! But we are excited for all the benefits of a c-section: baby will be safe, it's planned, it's predictible, my pelvis will stay in tact, as will my current level of bladder control, a longer hospital stay, you get to sleep the night before, and you don't have labor. So, even though it isn't totally ideal, it's actually quite convenient and nice in a lot of ways. And we feel very blessed that everyone's prayers have been heard, and that this will be the best thing for our family. We do feel very good about it! Here is the requested belly shot! Hopefully it won't take too long to post photos of our new one!


8 comments:

dave&abby johnson family said...

We are sooo excited for you!! PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do for you!! Good luck!

Diane Owen said...

Hooray! I am so excited for you! The c-section really will be a good thing. Just remember that it will get better quickly, and if you can get moving it will help, the first couple of days are the worst, but you will make it through with a healthy baby. I am so excited for you. And for having big babies you don't get as big as I do...not fair! :) Post pictures and tell us how everything goes as soon as you can! We'll be waiting anxiously.

Melissa: said...

You look SO. DANG. CUTE!!!!

Kim Walker said...

I can't believe you will have a baby out of your tummy tomorrow. As jealous as I am that you will NOT be pregnant anymore, I really want Derrel to be stress free for the labor and delivery and that is well worth the wait for me after these 6 weeks of preparing and studying for this monster of a test. Good luck, Mary. We'll be thinking about you and awaiting a phone call sometime (not too soon).

Katie Bergeson said...

Congratulations, tomorrow! With what you went through last time a c-section will be cake...good luck and share your new baby pics asap!

Shilo said...

I'm sure you probably won't see my message, but good luck with things and I hope they all go smoothly!! Congratulations on your new little one!!

Jami Jackson said...

What a cute picture!! You are a beautiful pregnant woman Mary! I was just thinking of you and your c-section and so I jumped on your blog ans was so happy to see this post. I am SO excited for you guys to be adding another one to your family. I can't wait to see pictures!! Good luck and we'll be praying for you!

The Wards said...

Good Luck!!! Can't wait to see pictures of him. -Jeana