So, this morning Caleb approached me with a finger in his nose. He was pretty sad. I said, "Oh, you need a tissue? Here you go!" I got him a tissue and moved on with my life. Then he had a little bloody nose all day.
Phil got home from being on surgery call all night and within minutes said, "Caleb, do you have a bead up your nose?" And he did. A nice turquoise one and it was pretty far up there.
So, no nap for Dr. Dad. Instead, it was time for more surgery. Poor Caleb. We tried for a while to teach him how to blow out of his nose which resulted in a lot of spitting. But he eventually got it! We tried to make him sneeze with nose tickles, etc. We also used a nose-sucker thing, and Phil used his engineering expertise to craft a safe, sturdy hook from common household goods. Elijah felt pretty bad for his little brother and wanted to yell out into the street for helpers. It was sweet. Allison was crying out, too, but I think she was more concered that her adorableness was momentarily being upstaged. Once he held still, and after a little prayer, it came out pretty easily.
So, Caleb is our Rites of Passage kid. Tumbled down full flight of stairs: check. Stitches in face: check. Now, bead up nose: check. Anything else I should expect?
July 18-31, 2024
7 months ago





5 comments:
Love it! Glad you're posting again - hope you guys are doing great. Your kids are so grown up and cute!
Nice to see your post this morning! Sorry to hear about Caleb's nose. What is it with kids and beads??? My niece just put one in her ear....but they ended up having to go to the dr. to get it out.
Mary!!!! SO not fun what you had to go through with Caleb...but YEAH for posting about it!!!! I'm glad I got to talk to you for a sec a few days ago. Lets do it again! =) Love ya Mary!!!
poor little guy. ps. I haven't seen any pictures of your little girl!!! if you ever have a moment (ha, ha) post a pic. Love you!
That does not sound fun! Lucky for you, Phil has such an amazing knack for inventing things. Glad Caleb is okay.
Hey, we were sad we didn't get to see you in December! Maybe next time . . . love you guys!
Post a Comment