Tonight at dinner Elijah just sat there and tried to sound out all the words on the OJ container, like potassium, premium, squeezed, vitamin, original, etc. and it was so fulfilling and fun for me. I was thrilled and excited to see how long he would try and try without any elements of frustration or anything other than sheer interest. No fear of failure. I admired him. He was enjoying something hard. Something he knew he did not know. I want to be more like him. Thanks for making my day kiddo!
3 comments:
What a cute post! Go Elijah!! Glad you're back on the blog - I've missed keeping in touch with you guys!
That is indeed awesome! I want to be more like that too!
Kate is in this same phase. I love watching it. It is great to see her tackle any word no matter how long or intimidating it may seem to me.
Post a Comment