I've brushed my teeth. I've used the restroom. I've written in my journal. I've said my prayers. I've done everything and I am finally ready to go to sleep! Except, "Phil, I'm so hungry. Maybe I should just go grab a banana or a bite of cottage cheese...I'll probably sleep better." "Oh, I'll go get you something! Just stay right here!" (He really said it with that much enthusiasm, and sincerity, with the kitchen being the furthest room away and many a light switch in our shut-down-for-the-night house.) I was like, "Sweet. Ok! Thanks!" Phillip loves to try to surprise me, but he's too childlike in his attempts and I can usually tell something is up. I heard a lot of dishes banging and in my pickiness I just didn't need a surprise. I just wanted a banana or some cottage cheese, really. I was worried he was trying to fix me an amazing pregancy-boosting flax seed strawberry protien shake. I so badly wanted my banana or my cottage cheese, that I disobeyed my orders to be a princess and sit there, and I ran down the stairs, "Please, Phil, really, I just want a banana or some cottage cheese, what are you doing?" "WAIT! WAIT! STOP! You are not supposed to be down here! Mary, you never let me surprise you!" Here is a photo of my lovely surprise...after I ate it: 
On the small plate was a beautifully sliced banana, with a dallop of vanilla yogurt on top. In the little cup was just enough cottage cheese. In the glass was ice water, with the included straw (I have a strong preference for a straw when ice is involved). If you look hard, you can see a tiny little speck at the bottom of the tray between the plate and cup...that was a dried parsley, oregano, or something speck...for garnish. He followed me up to where I should have stayed, and I ate my perfect snack in bed...just like a princess should. It was so sweet. Phil does a great job treating me like royalty...and it makes me want to be better to everyone. I love him so much!
9 comments:
What an awesome hubby! Phil really is one of the nicest guys I've ever known. P.s. it's so great to get some updates on you guys! It's been awhile!
I love Phil...for who he is, and because I know he's treating my little sis so well while she's so far away.
This made my day :)
Thanks for the comment! Don't you love the blogging world?
What a cute family and wonderful husband! I'm excited to show Scott your blog.
Take care!
Mary-
What an amazing husband. You are so lucky. I am glad you are being treated like the princess you are. What a blessing. How are you feeling? Are you ready to pop yet?
How sweet is that! Well done, Phil!
I seriously started crying when I read that post!! That is the sweetest thing ever. I shouldn't be surprised though knowing how nice Phil is. Thanks for sharing and you really should let Phil treat you like a Princess more often . . . you deserve it!
Thanks so much for all your guys' help! It's so nice to feel like we already have friends there! Anyway, I (Shilo) have been calling on apartments ALL day...and I want your input. Do you know anything about Collins Ferry Court? Other than that, we have basically narrowed it down to The Villas or Georgetown. Whew! What a day!! It was so nice to talk to you guys yesterday and get a better feel for things!! Thank you again for all your help!!!
Wow! Brownie points for Phil! Isn't it cool how contagious one good deed can be? Hope you're hangin' in there, Mary. It won't be long now! Just think how nice it will be to hold your beautiful baby boy and to not be pregnant anymore! Phil, keep up the good work. Pregnancy and motherhood are perpetual challenges. Good deeds are that much more appreciated when things get hard.
Tag your it! See my blog to know what you need to do.
Post a Comment