Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Another Slice of Life...

This last month and a half has been very eventful!

Elijah was actually ready to be potty trained, and does an excellent job! I still help him aim, dress, and wash his hands, but he doesn't have accidents very often and is usually the one to decide it's time to go. I don't even think about it unless I'm about to run errands or something. It's awesome! I am so proud of him.

He is always covered in injuries, and last night smashed his fingers and cut them pretty bad. Right before he went to bed, he used the word "Neosporin" in a sentence...

He always stays in his bed at sleeptime now, even for a babysitter! We're so lucky!

New baby boy is growing great, and we've put his clothes in the dresser. I'm 25 weeks along, and I realized I may be due June 14 instead of 21, if I do the math...but who's counting?

I have two ear infections, but I think I'm on the mend.

Phil has had like 100 tests and continues to pull off awesome husband-hood, fatherhood, and medical school...not to mention being himself when it comes to taking time to help wherever he sees a need. He needs selfish lessons! He's great.


10 comments:

Melissa: said...

That is the cutest video. I can't believe he can manage his little body around that machine. I loved his cheezy grin, while he waited for Dad to take the picture!

I hope you get better soon and stay that way for a good, long while!

Jami Jackson said...

What a fun video of Elijah! We just love you guys! Oh, and I love "They Might Be Giants" - the song totally fit the post.

Britters and Parx said...

Hi Mary!!! I loved the video! It makes you guys feel a little closer. =) love ya!

Brittany

Sister Tara Bowen said...

It just doesn't seem fair for you to be sick. I've had some serious conversations with You-Know-Who about what I can and cannot handle, and I think, were I you, two ear inflections would fall in the "thank you, but no" category. Oh, well. Do you need some help? Are you coming for sure on Thursday night?

Anonymous said...

Okay so I have tried to get your blog on mine but for some reason I can't. I will keep trying. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you much at Chile's. I was late and had to sit at the end and I guess that is the consequence of being so late. How are you feeling? You look so cute pregnant. I love it!!

Kim Walker said...

I like the new look on your blog and the cute video. Hey, I tagged you on my blog. Sorry, I just had to =)!

Britters and Parx said...

Hi!
It really IS a popular thing to be prego in our family!!! I wish it were us...still not the right timing...hopefully soon though! love you!

Brit

Emy5 said...

That is funny that Elijah can say Neosporin! Precious! The movie was cute too.

Sorry to hear you were sick. I'm not far away if you need a break!

annieandken said...

Congrats on expecting a boy! That is so exciting! I love the video of Elijah! That takes some coordination, I'm impressed! Hope you are doing well!

Nettie said...

I love that video! Isn't it funny how they want to do everything and be just like the big people?