You need to notice the proportions here. Notice the height of the mattress, and then the back of the couch, and then the top of this amazing pile of clean laundry. You should also know that there was another load in the dryer at the time too!Well, besides our laundry issue, we also felt inspired by a great opportunity: Namely, our would-have-been neighbors and good friends the Bowens decided to have a little "garage sale" before moving, and we bought a LOT of furniture from them. We really feel blessed though, because one of the big things these purchases did was allow us to make our room a place where I (Phillip) can study a little better so that I can be home more often (or at least more productive when I AM at home). We bought two bookshelves, a study table, study chair and more. And since we had to transfer things between bookshelves, we then decided to go through all of that... Now, about 2/3 of a garbage can is full of all of my undergraduate papers, assignments and more. The rest is a lot more organized too.
Here's the finished product!


Yep, that's our room sweet room, complete with Caleb sleeping in the corner there. Oh, and you can't forget our little gaurdians -- Raymond (the monkey, from SLC) and McBean (the dog, from Six Flags in CA)
So, after one last late night push last night to get our house back in order (which seems to be needed all too often) and our new things all in place, we are now ready to update you on our wonderful last six weeks or so! I'm sure you've all been anxiously waiting, so let's get started (but this time with no promises on how long it will take us to get through it all - it's been pretty amazing!)




6 comments:
This update is funny! :)
Oh that just makes me want to get started on organizing our own place. Only a few more days. Yeah! Also, thanks for the breakfast invitation the other day, we had so much fun with you guys. You have the cutest little family.
That laundry pile is awesome! I bet that took some intense folding time! Mary, you look great, and what a cute little guy! Congrats again on your sweet baby.
I forgive you just make sure you keep us updated from now on :) I hope that pile of laundry isn't a sign of what I have ahead of me:)
Your new office rocks! And I'm glad it has such intimidating guardians.
Love the updates. Keep them coming. -Jeana
Post a Comment