Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fun Weekend in Michigan!

Hello! This weekend we visited Phil's sister Amy, her husband Steve, and their 3 kids, who live in Rochester Hills, Michigan. We were so blessed to get awesome driving weather both ways. We had fun watching the kids play, exercising, attending the Temple, playing a card game named "Guillotine," and enjoying Amy's gourmet meals. Yum Yum!
This is a picture of all the kids: Elise (7), Elijah (2), Lindsey (5), and Addison (almost 2). The dog's name is Goliath, and Elijah had a great time chasing him and learning some commands. This is one patient dog! Elijah and Elise also had lots of fun together. Elise even let him hold her hand! He always wants to hold girls' hands but they always reject him, poor guy.
It was a fabulous trip...until Sunday night, when Elijah, acting VERY tired because he had no nap, projectile vomited while in my arms. He continued to throw up a few more times that night and just couldn't sleep very well. Phillip also had been feeling a little weird, but by the time morning came, he had thrown up several times himself. Why I have been spared, I have no idea! But, once Elijah was able to keep down some Gatorade, he began to sleep and then began to recover and seems fine now, although doesn't have much of an appetite. Phil slept over 10 hours last night, and was a little concerned about his nauseousness when he realized he had his cadaver lab today instead of the non-stinky, non-hands-on lab. But, all in all, it was a fabulous weekend!
Here is the picture I couldn't download before of Elijah's first night staying in his bed to fall asleep. He's now done it successfully since (in his own bed). I am just amazed!

5 comments:

Britters and Parx said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend...minus the boys getting sick...I want to come visit the east coast!!! Sometime soon hopefully!
love ya!
Brittany

Melissa: said...

loved talking to that sweet boy today! You are one good mama.

Diane Owen said...

Ooh, no fun with the sickness. We just went through that, its no fun whatsoever!!! I'm glad your trip was good otherwise though! We miss you guys.

Jami Jackson said...

Michigan sounds like so much fun!! I'm glad you had a fun time but sad that Phil and Elijah got sick.

BensonFam said...

It's been so fun keeping up with you guys on your blog! Sick kids are nooooo fun - I'm glad you're all doing better and had a fun weekend!