Friday, December 7, 2007

Adorable Elijah


Sometimes we take Elijah to the day care at the student gym, and one time when I picked him up, his helper said, "He must just crack you up all day. I've seen a lot of kids, but not all of them are as entertaining as Elijah!" Yesterday was one such hilarious day. Nothing monumental, but I just giggled a lot yesterday listening to him take care of his bear, watching his dramatic expressions as he talks and reacts to me, and just playing around. He sets the table for his little bear, and talks to him sweetly, "you want some milk, bear?" But last night I just had to take a picture of his attire. He loves those red boots, even though they are too small, because he can put them on by himself. Then he added the bib, and then he was playing with the wrapping paper, begging for scissors. It made me happy. Happiness is...my hilarious toddler.

8 comments:

Nettie said...

I agree! Elijah is definitely a real hoot. That picture reminds me of one I have of Marvin. Only he was wearing his dad's leather mocassin boots, his underwear and the vacuum hose and was pretending to be a fire man. Great blackmail material!

Melissa: said...

Sweet, fun boy. Can't wait to see him!

Jami Jackson said...

He is so adorable!! I am so glad I get to see him so often. And you are such a great Mom for letting him indulge in his pretend playtime. You make me want to be a better Mom!

Angela Weber said...

Cute boy. I completely understand your getting dressed before noon dilemma. For some reason there are too many other things going on to get around to putting on your daytime clothes :)

Britters and Parx said...

I can't wait to see you guys next week!!!

BensonFam said...

I am so excited I found your blog! I've been thinking about you guys a lot lately and wishing we could stay in touch better. Anywho... so glad you guys are doing well and CONGRATS on the new little Brough!

Jen said...

Toddlers are quite amusing! Elijah is getting so big, it's amazing! Congratulations of Baby Brough coming in June! That is so exciting!

John Dad said...

Miss you already!

Thanks for coming and sharing that wonderful boy with us.
Never get discouraged while you are away, as there are many who think of and love you all everyday.

Now tell Phil to reread that last paragraph and know we are with him and you all!

Love ya's Dad