Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bye Bye Bats!

After finding poop outside in the back,
A poor chipmunk gave its life in a trap,
Sixteen bats left their nest with a flap,
Never to return.

Professionals came and sealed their fate,
By putting a screen over their front gate,
Then, waiting until it was sufficiently late,
Let them all escape.

In our attic they had made their abode,
And regularly dumped us a toxic load,
Boy am I glad they have hit the road!
Never to return!

4 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

That is hilarious!! Jon told me about the bats. I can't believe they were living with you guys!! Kind of scary!! I'm glad they "Never will return".

McArthur Family said...

That was super cute...love the creative good bye to the bats.

literaqueen said...

There were bats in your house?!? EW!! I'm glad they're gone!

Anonymous said...

Yuck, I would be SO freaked out if there were bats living in my house, I am glad for your sake that they're gone too. Plus, I love love love those adorable pictures of your little cuties. I can not believe how big Caleb is getting...., so cute!